Breaking News

Javier Hernandez ,West Ham sack head of recruitment following alleged criticism of African players,Hernandez , II Hernandez wanted to leave West Ham in January , II Javier Hernandez Admits He Wanted to Leave West Ham in January After Falling Down Pecking Order


Javier Hernandez admits he wanted to leave West Ham in the January transfer window over fears he may not get into Mexico's World Cup squad.
A £16million return to the Premier League from Bayer Leverkusen has not gone to plan for Hernandez, who has scored just five goals in 24 appearances in all competitions this term.
Hernandez has only started two Premier League games since David Moyes was appointed in November. The striker also saw his game time reduce significantly when the Scot became Manchester United manager in 2013.
Though the 29-year-old is his country's record goalscorer, with 49 goals in 99 caps, he has only played in three of their last six games played in official international windows and Hernandez hopes he can convince Moyes to give him the minutes he craves ahead of Russia 2018.
"Yes, it was the case that I wanted to go," Hernandez told the Daily Mirror. "Not because I don't like West Ham, but because I need to have minutes on the pitch.
"The World Cup is just around the corner and I want to play. But you can see that, even though my agent says I want to go, I have been doing everything I can in a West Ham shirt to help the team.
"Against Bournemouth I scored a goal, I tried to play pretty well in the [FA] Cup [a 2-0 defeat to Wigan Athletic] and, in the last game, against Crystal Palace, I tried to do my best. I am a very professional guy and I want to do that.
"Words can come and go. Your acts are going to speak for themselves.
"Now that the window is closed I am here and trying to achieve the main goals for the club, which is to be safe from relegation. Then, in the summer, we will see."
(The above article has not been edited by the Sportstar team and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
 
 
Javier Hernández has admitted that he was seeking a move away from West Ham during the January transfer window after falling out of favour in east London.
The Mexican striker only moved to the club during the summer, ending a two-year spell with Bayer Leverkusen in Germany for £16m.
However, Hernández has said that the part-time role he currently has with West Ham isn't giving him enough minutes on the pitch - something the 29-year-old is desperately seeking ahead of the World Cup.
"Yes, it was the case that I wanted to go," Hernández told the Mirror. "Not because I don’t like West Ham, but because I need to have minutes on the pitch.
"The World Cup is just around the corner and I want to play. But you can see that, even though my agent says I want to go, I have been doing everything I can in a West Ham shirt to help the team. I am a very ­professional guy and I want to do that.
 
BRYN LENNON/GETTYIMAGES
"Words can come and go. Your acts are going to speak for themselves. Now that the window is closed I am here and trying to achieve the main goals for the club, which is to be safe from relegation. Then, in the summer, we will see."
West Ham will be hoping to secure all three points on the road to Brighton on Saturday and will look to make up for their defeat against the Seagulls earlier this season. 
Former Hammers manager Slaven Bilić saw his side slump to a 3-0 defeat to Chris Hughton's team, with a Glenn Murray brace and a strike from José Izquierdo proving to be decisive at the London Stadium.
West Ham sack head of recruitment following alleged criticism of African players
 
The Hammers released a club statement on Friday evening announcing the departure of Tony Henry following an investigation
West Ham have sacked head of recruitment Tony Henry following allegations he sent messages to an agent saying the club did not want to sign African players.
The Hammers released a club statement on Friday evening announcing the departure of Henry following a “full and thorough” investigation.
British newspaper The Daily Mail claimed to have seen emails from Henry speaking disparagingly about players from Africa, recalling difficulties the club had with Senegalese striker Diafra Sakho.
It was reported that Henry had said African players "cause mayhem" when not selected in the team.
Sakho was sold to Rennes in January, ending a tough time at London Stadium affected by injury.
It was announced on Thursday that Henry had been suspended but West Ham have now terminated his contract following an investigation.
The club statement reads: “West Ham United have today terminated the contract of Director of Player Recruitment, Tony Henry, with immediate effect following his unacceptable comments that were widely reported in the press.

“Our action follows a full and thorough investigation.

“West Ham United will not tolerate any type of discrimination.

“The West Ham United family is an inclusive one where, regardless of gender, age, ability, race, religion or sexual orientation, everybody feels welcome and included.”
The Football Association (FA) confirmed it is investigating the reports surrounding Henry on Thursday.

No comments